Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 5: Reality Is Setting In...

Today there isn't much to report, so I'm gonna keep it short. Tomorrow is my first day back to work in a week, I'm feeling pretty crappy, both physically and mentally and I'm still sore as hell and unable to really do any physical activity. The daunting task ahead of giving up the easy/sedentary lifestyle and actually getting back into a responsible eating and physical activity routine is weighing on me, even though I've done it for over a year now without issues. I'm still amazed how only a few days away from it can literally warp your mind/body into forming such unhealthy habits that can easily become a normal day to day thing. The majority of the day was spent sleeping, sitting around and preparing for the next few weeks. I did go for a brief walk/job today, about 2.5 miles, and walked the dog for another 2 miles, but again, it was rough on the calves and I was actually tired (especially after the jog). Tomorrow I plan on intensifying the running a bit and starting my first full day of lifting weights (everything has been to sore to really do so). We will see how it goes. The key to getting through the weekend is going to be fluids and easing my body back into a normal amount of food and feeding it stuff that can aid in digestion and boost metabolism, instead of completely stunt/warp it.

No comments: